- Our Motto:
Seek, Serve & Follow Christ
To help girls to become followers of the Lord Jesus Christ and through Self-control, Reverence and a Sense of Responsibility to find True Enrichment of life.
THE GIRLS’ BRIGADE
- Christian Aim
- Works closely with local church
Girls Brigade Principles
- Acknowledge Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord according to the Scriptures and seeks to fulfill its Aim to the Glory of One God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Witness to the standard set by Jesus Christ for the whole of life.
- Gives positive teaching on the Christian attitude to the Social Evils facing its members.
HOW THE BRIGADE WORKS
- THE BRIGADE PROVIDES A FOUR SQUARE PROGRAMME TO HELP GIRLS ATTAIN
- MENTAL AND
- SPIRITUAL MATURITY.
- ENCOURAGES THEM TO EXPRESS WHAT THEY LEARN THROUGH PRACTICAL SERVICE AT HOME AND COMMUNITY
THE FOUR SQUARE PROGRAMME
S P E S – Latin word for HOPE – Hope for the future
- Bible study
- Bible exploring
- My Church
- Meaning of Spiritual Dancing
- Physical Exercises
- Rhythmic movements
- Arts & Crafts
- Floral art
- Manners & Customs
- Emergency Helper
- Caring for others (reaching out)
- Church, Sunday School projects
- Baby care
- Care for the aged
There is room for every girl in the Church or Community
- EXPLORERS: 6 – 8 years
- JUNIORS: 9 – 11 years
- SENIORS: 12 – 14 years
- PIONEERS: 14 years and over
- OFFICERS: 18 years plus
Our badge in use since 1964.
- RED BACKGROUND
The Lamp is likened to our lives – empty, it is useless, filled but left unlit it is simply an ornament. The Spirit of God is within us needing the spark of God’s Love to set us alight.
The Flame of Love will then shine out from the lamp – God’s love shines through us out to others.
The Cross is at the Centre. The Lamp is at the foot of the Cross where we begin to live as Christians. It is an empty Cross of victory reminding us that God’s Love for us is so great He gave His Son to die for us.
The Red Background helps us to remember that Jesus’ blood was shed that we might be cleansed from our sins.
The Circle signifies God’s encircling Love. To remain in that Circle we must forgive and accept others. To keep that Circle complete we each have a place in it, being loyal to God, to His Church, and to one another.
The Torch of Endeavour at the top of the Badge becomes a reality if the Flame of Love burnt brightly in the lives of all Brigaders in the Circle – leaping up to set the world on fire for our Lord.
The Crown which supports the Torch reminds us of whom we serve – no one less than the King of Kings who promises a Crown of Life to those who are faithful to Him.