MCO COMPLIANCE UNIT
The Compliance Unit was established in 2014 to look after the MCSA’s Financial Compliance towards SARS. The Compliance Unit is part of the Finance Unit and reports directly to the General Lay Treasurer. The Unit consists of the Compliance Manager, Martie Hildyard and a Compliance Analyst, Johan Gouws.
Each District, Circuit and Society that operates a Bank Account is required to submit Annual Financial Statements in the format required by the MCO, namely 4D, 4C and 4S Schedules.
The Unit is responsible for the following:
- Issuance of 4D, 4C and 4S Schedules to all Districts, Circuits and Societies.
- Checking of the 4D, 4C and 4S Schedules for correctness and follow up of errors.
- Submission of annual tax return to SARS compiled from the 4D, 4C and 4S Schedules.
- Calculation of Assessments for the Circuits in the Connexion.
- Setting of Financial Compliance guidelines for the Connexion.
- Tax Clearance Certificates for the Connexion.
- Training of Treasurers in the use and completion of 4D, 4C and 4S Schedules.
- Training of final year students at SMMS in basic accounting in order to equip them for the financial oversight of the local church where they will be stationed.
2016 4D, 4C and 4S schedules
The 4D, 4C and 4S schedules for the 2016 financial year are available for download here: https://www.methodist.org.za/finance/2016
Please note that no submissions submitted via circa 2014 Excel spreadsheets or manual forms will be accepted by the MCO. All submissions for the 2016 year have to be completed using the electronic password protected PDF.
The PDF’s are all password protected and passwords have been sent to all the District Treasurers who will in turn forward the passwords to their respective Circuit Treasurers.
An example of the 2015 4C and 4S PDF Schedules is available for download. Please note this also applies to the 2016 Schedules and is only a tool to assist Treasurers.
The Schedules are completed using Adobe Reader DC (which can be freely download here: Adobe Reader). Older versions of Adobe Reader may not enable the user to save any information hence the need to have the latest Adobe Reader DC installed.
The 4D, 4C and 4S schedules for the 2015 financial year are still available for download here: https://www.methodist.org.za/finance/2015 and may be used to complete outstanding 2015 schedules.
The 2015 PDF’s may under no circumstances be used to submit the 2016 Schedules.
If there any queries or assistance required, kindly contact:
Tel: 031 -201 6424
Fax: 086 653 0225
Tel: 031 – 201 6424
Fax: 086 226 2328