The Finance Unit can be found in Bruma at the Methodist Connexional Office and is regarded as the financial nerve centre of The Methodist Church of Southern Africa.
In 1936 Conference formed the Finance Unit in order to centralise the administration of the various funds of the Church into one office. Over the years the staff have faithfully attended to the myriad details of its very wide-ranging brief. The office staff are all committed Christians who feel called to their positions and love what they do. They understand that the Finance Unit is a service centre to the Church and are there to assist in extending God's kingdom.
The Finance Unit is headed up by the Unit Director, Mrs Joanne
Trytsman, who reports to the Lay General Treasurer/Chief Financial Officer of the MCSA Mrs Thini Ngonyama
Scope of responsibilities - a brief overview
- Pension/provident funds - The Finance Unit administers several funds including two pension and one provident fund. Total assets under administration amounted to approx. R1.1 billion at December 2010.
- Payment of stipends/pension - Over 800 Ministers, Evangelists and Biblewomen, as well as 600 Supernumeraries are paid monthly through the Finance Unit.
- Insurance of church properties - The Finance Unit administers the insurance cover for the Church's assets which amount to over R3.5 billion.
- Medical Aid - The Finance Unit, in conjunction with TopMed Medical Scheme, administers the medical aid for our Ministers, Evangelists and Biblewomen.
- Property - The Finance Unit holds the Title Deeds and administers the records of over one-and-a-half thousand properties owned by the MCSA.
- Financial Reporting of Units - The Finance Unit also administers and reports on 5 Connexional Units, viz. Mission, Education for Ministry and Mission, Communications, Ecumenical Affairs and Connexional Youth.
Electronic 4S and 4C schedulesThe new PDF 4S and 4C schedules are now available for download here: http://www.methodist.org.za/finance/2015
For instructions on how to download the files click here: Firefox or Internet Explorer
The previous Excel format is no longer in use and will not be accepted by the MCO. All submissions for the 2015 year have to be completed using the new PDF forms.
An example of the 2015 4C PDF and 2015 4S PDF is available for download. Please note that this is an example to assist Treasurers with the new look format and does not reflect on any Circuit or Society.
In order to complete the 2015 4C and 4S schedules, Adobe Reader (free version) has to be downloaded. The Schedules are completed using Adobe Reader (which can be freely downloaded here: Adobe Reader)
The documents are all password protected and passwords have been sent to all the District Treasurers who will in turn forward the passwords to the respective Circuit Treasurers.
Kindly contact Martie Hildyard or Johan Gouws on 031- 201 6424 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any assistance.