Natal Coastal District Communique
NATAL COASTAL DISTRICT
BISHOP MIKE VORSTER
138 ESTHER ROBERTS, GLENWOOD,
P O BOX 50452, MUSGRAVE, 4062
Tel: 031 202 3662
Fax: 031 202 0099
CAN YOU FEEL IT…. IT IS COMING….!!!!
WE ARE A CHURCH OF:
· MISSION & MAINTENANCE;
· CASTING THE NET & MENDING THE NET;
· SENDING & EQUIPPING;
· ACTIVISM & PRAYER;
· DOING & BEING….
Sometimes our time energy will be spent on mission; casting the net; sending; activism; doing….sometimes our time energy will be spent on maintenance; mending; equipping; prayer; being. Sometimes both at the same time….
THIS YEAR IN THE LIFE THE NATAL COASTAL DISTRICT OUR TIME AND ENERGY WILL BE SPENT PREPARING FOR TWO MAJOR MAINTENANCE; MENDING; EQUIPPING EVENTS IN THE LIFE OF THE MCSA:
· FIRSTLY THE ANNUAL MCSA CONNEXIONAL CONFERENCE IN SEPTEMBER 2014;
· AND SECONDLY A MONTH AFTERWARD IN OCTOBER THE TRIENNIAL LOCAL PREACHERS ASSOCIATION (LPA).
We invite you to pray for us as the pressure builds for the organisers to raise funds & organise task teams for these events; that through these efforts God will carry us and bless both events as the delegates from throughout Southern Africa, spend time maintaining relationships; mending nets which are broken; equipping the church to more effective in its mission – all to Glory of God through the cross of Christ. .
“22 The glory that you have given me I have given them, so that they may be one, as we are one, 23 I in them and you in me, that they may become completely one, so that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.” (John 17)
· Attending the opening of Conference on Thursday 17 September @ Conference venue
· Attending the Ordination Service on Sunday 21 September from 9am and encourage others to attend (Venue TBA)
· Volunteering to assist with the smooth running and organising of the Conference by contacting the following persons:
· OVERALL CO-ORDINATORS: Lay Leader Sanele Gumede
· 083 218 3986 & Rev Carol Walsh 084 413 9235
· COORDINATION OF THE ORDINATION SERVICE: Co-ordinator: Rev Sifiso Khuzwayo.082 716 0543
· CONFERENCE WORSHIP TEAM: Coordinator: Rev. Mduduzi Ndlangamandla. 078 702 9731
· TRANSPORT: Co-ordinator: Rev Selby Madwe. 073 993 3004
· COORDINATION OF REGISTRATION AND INFO DESK for Connexional Executive (15 to 17 September) and Conference (17 to 20 September): Co-ordinator: Mrs Nobuntu Madwe 082 928 7069
· HEALTH & SAFETY: Coordinator: Mam Phewa 084 4444 763
· SHOWCASING DISTRICT PROJECTS: Coordinator: Glenda Howieson. 082 901 9740
· MEDIA AND COMMUNICATION: NCD Media Officer, Lihle Pewa 083 288 8787 will work with Connexional Communications Director Bongie Moyo-Bongo
· IT: Sanele Gumede
· FINANCE: Ms Lindiwe Mazibuko and finance team 082 453 9175
· Assisting with raising funds totalling R200 000. Through:
o Direct donations (see below for Bank details).
o Selling pre-Conference Golf Shirts. These sales will also assist your congregation/ organisation to raise funds as well – Kindly contact Sanele Gumede for further details
Remember this is our District; this is our church; these are our events – let us ensure that with both these events we offer warm hospitality and welcome and graciousness to those who will be attending from throughout our Connexion.
Have a terrific Thursday.
Shalom Bishop Mike
NCD BANK DETAILS:
Reference: MCSA Conference 2014
Account No: 508 4009 7246
Branch Code: 221426